Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Happy Birthday, Doug!!!

Today is Doug's birthday. He is 30something. God has blessed me with a great husband and Ryan & Ashleigh with a great dad. There are times that when he walks in the room, my heart still skips. Here are a few reasons why I think he is pretty terrific:
1. He surprises me with Diet Cokes all the time.
2. He pushes me and encourages me to think.
3. He spends a lot of time with the kids playing and being a kid himself.
4. He goes to the mall with me.
5. At night, he reaches over and will hold my hand.
6. He puts up with all my phone calls asking him "what are you doing?"
7. He enjoys cooking.
8. He works hard and is committed to all that he does.
9. He is humble.
10. He is committed to God, our family and people. He is truly sold out to seeing lives changed for Jesus.
11. His great looks :).
12. He sings "Christmas in Dixie" to me and I just melt.
I could go on, but I will not bore you anymore. It is an honor to be Doug's wife and best friend.
Honey, you challenge me and keep me on my knees but I love you and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us. Life has been and I hope continues to be a great adventure. I love you!!

1 comment:

trisha_tanner said...

Yea for husbands who cook and surprise us with drinks!