Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trick-or-Treat

We had the whole evening planned....the kids were going to dress up, we were going to take them out to dinner, and then trick-or-treating to a few homes before band practice. That was all before the day fell apart. Doug took the truck for the emissions test and it failed....$200 later it is working fine. Then, as the lady from the water company was reading the meter, we realized we had a leak going into the house. The plumber has been at our house since 12:00 and has left us with a big hole in the yard to go and get a part that he broke. I think he may be on dinner break. He estimated the cost to be $600-700. Needless to say, since we are without water, Doug ran to Zaxby's and the kids and I are going to go to my cousin's house to do a little trick-or-treating. I feel as if all the tricks have been on us today. I will say that I am thankful for an emergency fund....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had the main water line break at our house the first year we moved in. Unfortunately it happened on a weekend.
You don't realize how much you use water until you don't have it. We had to go to Kerri to shower and brush our teeth. Thank goodness for great neighbors.

Just Talking said...

I am just thankful for the lady from the water company bringing it to our attention. I know it could have been a lot worse.

JoLynn said...

You guys got to hang out that night though!! Spend some family time together! :) Thank God for your emergency fund though. I know that must help out a lot. :)

Trisha said...

Ugh!I know how you feel! It's not like one thing breaks... everything breaks! "when it rains it pours!"...but yes thank God for emergency funds! I hope your week gets better!