Saturday, September 1, 2007

Football, Sloppy Joes and more

Today was the first Georgia Tech game and they won. Ryan was pretty excited. It seemed like last year every time he watched a game they lost. I made homemade Sloppy Joes for him and Doug to enjoy during the game. Here is the recipe...it is really easy:
3lbs. ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
16oz. tomato sauce
3/4c ketchup
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Brown beef and drain. Put in crock pot and add remaining ingredients. Cook for 3-4 hours.
During the last part of the game, we played the game, Life and I won. I am not one of those moms that let my children win. I know, they are young and I should, but I like to win. I can be competitive at times...I try not to let it show. I don't always win and I don't think I have ever won in this game but tonight was my night :). Anyway, it has been a great day but it is time for bed. Tomorrow is a busy day.

No comments: