Monday, September 17, 2007

Getting Away

Well, things definitely can change in a split second. I feel that I have been on a roller coaster the last few days and have been unable to get off. We had Doug's grandfather's funeral today and it was really neat hearing some of the stories of things about him that I never knew. I could even see where Doug gets some of his ways. His grandfather was sometimes a man of few words. The one thing that I kept hearing was how much he loved his wife (who passed away 5 years ago) and his children and the legacy of integrity and commitment that he passed on to his children. We had a great visit with the family and saw some of Doug's extended family that we haven't seen in several years. Papaw will be missed but it is a blessing that he isn't suffering any longer.
We are leaving in the morning for Florida. Even though our original plans were changed, we are looking forward to getting away and spending time with each other. Please say a prayer for Ryan...he has a terrible cough. I am ready to check out and have some fun!

No comments: